Virtual Winter Hazards Training - January 20
The Grain Handling Safety Council is presenting a free virtual training session on winter hazards January 20, 2022 at 10 AM CDT. This is a great session to remind employees of the additional hazards differing types of winter weather brings.
This session discusses how the winter season can bring a variety of new hazards and challenges to the work environment. Outside work is performed under many conditions which can affect the health & safety of employees. Hazards may emerge suddenly as weather conditions change. Non-routine tasks are often performed and routine tasks often need to be completed differently. What is happening outside can impact work being done indoors. Regional climates can affect the response to a hazardous condition. From starting up cold machinery to shoveling snow, Dr. Aaron Yoder and Butch Hendrix will share strategies to protect employees from the hazards associated with different types of winter weather.
- Aaron Yoder, PhD – Central States Center for Agricultural Safety & Health (CS-CASH), University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC).
- Butch Hendrix – Safety Director, Kokomo Grain Co.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Identify different types of winter/cold weather work hazards.
- Explain prevention strategies associated with winter/cold weather work hazards.
- Understand how to prevent cold stress.