Territory Manager - Specialty Nutrients
The Andersons, Inc. in Maumee, Ohio
The Andersons, Inc. is seeking to hire a Territory Manager for Specialty Nutrients. The Andersons Plant Nutrient Group formulates, stores, and distributes nutrient, specialty, and industrial inputs and corncob based products through strategically located facilities and extensive network.
**This is a remote (home-base) position ideally in the Ohio region with daily travel to customers and prospects throughout Ohio as well as the corporate office in Maumee, OH**
The Territory Manager is a sales and relationship role responsible for establishing new accounts and maintaining and servicing existing accounts within an assigned territory or area of focus. This position plans, develops, and implements sales strategies to ensure long term growth and profitability. The Territory Manager applies a seasoned knowledge of industry, products and services offered, market trends, rules and regulations, gross profit, and pricing to make recommendations to customers, meet established sales/deal goals, and expand account base.
- Plan, initiate, and direct the sales of products to new and existing customers through routine calls, relationships, generating and pursuing leads, and product presentations.
- Create plans for and execute on lead generation - locate, evaluate and recruit potential customers/clients.
- Demonstrate strong technical and industry expertise in the following: serving customers, addressing inquiries and resolving issues; introducing and demonstrating new product/service offerings; managing deal details, price negotiations, credit, and payment terms.
- Forecast and develop plans to achieve sales and gross profit goals for the business which are consistent with growth and target/threshold objectives
- Coordinate with internal departments in all activities surrounding the transfer or execution of goods/services/products, ensure that appropriate instructions, documentation, and regulatory standards are present.
- Participate in marketing and trade activities, utilize experience and seasoned sales perspective to recommend new/changes in marketing approaches.
- Manage administrative requirements of the position. Gather and maintain market/trade data and resources. Leverage that information to formulate and execute sales plans, as well as to inform the department through reporting or sharing of information. Additional
- Expected to grow the business by leveraging assets in Ohio and expanding customer base in the fertilizer markets
- Business development is a big part of what will make the position successful, but managing the current book of business is also important
- General tonnage movement will be around 5,000 tons of specialty products
- Teamwork and approaching things from a team perspective is important
- Continuously learn and grow understanding of product portfolio, product ROI and optimal product nutrient programs
- The current book of business includes a good mix of independent dealers and distributor accounts, many of which have been working with The Andersons for many years
Qualifications & Expectations
- Has solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of assigned accounts; may help develop colleagues’ understanding, may be recognized as an expert in one area
- Complexity is high (territory/accounts, product/services, sales or account management process); may serve as a team lead
- Has high level of authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product service terms
- Plans own territory or account approach and manages own resources Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4-7 years’ relevant experience required
- Specialized certifications preferred (specific to industry)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to drive for the company according to the Company’s Vehicle Safety and Driver Qualification Policy
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
To apply please visit www.andersonsinc.jobs