Safety & Risk Coordinator
Sunrise Cooperative in Fremont, Ohio
Sunrise Cooperative is seeking to hire a Safety & Risk Coordinator for their Fremont, Ohio location.
A Safety & Risk Coordinator is responsible for aiding the environmental, health, safety, and transportation risks of the company. The position duties include efficiency and maintaining safety and governmental regulations. These duties must be achieved all while upholding Sunrise’s mission, goals and values, as well as the goal of zero injuries, incidents, spills and leaks, and to carry out Sunrise’s safety principles.
- We must do what is right regarding safety in the workplace.
- Safety is first in every situation.
- Injuries and incidents are preventable.
- Safety is a condition of employment
- Safety includes the health and safety of employees as well as a respect for the environment.
- Everyday safety and compliance assistance.
- Demonstrating teamwork with all employees, managers and external organizations.
- Incident response and incident investigations.
- Developing and administering safety training to employees and local fire departments.
- Processing and submitting annual reports such as SARA Tier II, US EPA Repackaging Reports, Ohio Restricted Use Pesticide Sales Reports, EPA Permits, ODA, DOT, OSHA, PUCO, Fire regulations, and Worker’s comp reporting.
- Maintain files for all CDL drivers including drug testing, medical cards, driver’s license annual check. Notifying drivers of required testing appointments and renewal dates.
- Applying for all required EPA permits including air permits, SPCC plans, maintaining risk management plans, documentation of tank levels as required.
- Collaboration with Safety Team and management in creating policies and procedures.
- Establish collaborative relationships with federal, state, and local regulators/agencies.
- Assistance in growing the company safety culture.
- Work with team members and managers to identify work-place hazards.
- Conduct audits and inspections of workplace conditions, work habits, and safety records for compliance with company procedures and policies, and governmental regulations.
- Assist department and facility managers in correcting unsafe actions or conditions in the workplace.
- Participate in the Ohio Risk Coordinator Group.
- Conduct or facilitate and document all safety training including the following:
- Departmental safety meetings twelve times per year (personally make a safety presentation monthly).
- Personally, conduct HAZWOPR as needed as well as refresher every three years.
- Personally, conduct training as needed for Lock-out/Tag-out, confined space entry, hot work, emergency response, and anhydrous ammonia training; as well as renew them every year.
- Review and assist in updates as needed for emergency response plans, confined space entry, lock-out/tag-out, hot works, HAZWOPR, RMP, and SPCC plans.
- Assist in company safety effort as follows:
- Research and recommend equipment for safety compliance
- Violations will be discussed with the branch supervisor the day of discovery. If compliance is not met by the agreed upon time, the violation will be reported to the Division Manager, Corporate VP, and the CEO in writing.
- Assist with signing up new employees.
- Work closely with Human Resources to communicate and plan onboarding orientation for new employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety or a related field (Appropriate experience and knowledge of environmental and occupational health and safety may be considered.)
- Ability to daily travel throughout Sunrise’s trade territory, as needed.
- Technical writing skills are desired.
- Communication, Consistency, Customer Focused, Decision Making/Judgement, Initiative, Innovation, Integrity, Listening Skills, Planning, Problem Solving/Analysis, Safety.
Potential hire will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Visit sunriseco-op.com to apply.