Ohio Certified Crop Adviser Program
June 11, 2013
Co-Sponsor OSU Extension
Hancock County Extension Office Findlay, OH
A member service program of the American Society of Agronomy
CEU Requirements and Policies
- Forty (40) CEUs every two years
- A minimum of 5 CEUs in each of the four competency areas
- A minimum of 20 CEUs must be board approved
- Ohio accepts approved CEUs from all states
If you are certified by the Ohio Department Agriculture as a “pesticide applicator," you may receive 10 CEUs in pest management for your two-year CEU cycle. To obtain these CEUs you must send a copy of your current Ohio Applicator License to:
American Society of Agronomy / CCA Program
5585 Guilford Road
Madison, WI 53711
To Become Certified
Applicants for certification must:
- Have two years crop advising experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in agronomy, or four years post high school crop advising experience (must be documented with transcripts, detailed description of experience and supporting references).
- Pass both a local and international CCA exam, covering four major competency areas: nutrient management, soil and water management, pest management and crop management.
- Sign a Code of Ethics.
- Submit references from a grower and a colleague/employer.
- Earn 40 hours of continuing education every two years.
The CCA Exam is offered twice a year, the first Friday in February and the first Friday in August. The next exam is:
Friday, August 02, 2013
Ohio Department of Agriculture
8995 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
9:30 a.m.-noon, International Exam
1:30-3:30 p.m., Tri-state Exam
Registration Period: May 06, 2013 - June 21, 2013; Registrations will not be accepted before May 06, 2013. The registration deadline for the August exam is June 21, 2013; registrations received after June 21, 2013 will not be processed. The following information is included in the packet.
- Registration Form
- International Performance Objectives
- Tri-State Performance Objectives
International Exam - $150.00
Tri-state Exam - $ 50.00
Total = $200.00
Link to exam registration request https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/exams/registration
There are two exams, the International Exam with 180 multiple choices questions and 20 constructed response questions; and the Tri-State Exam with 100 multiple choice questions. Both exams are timed - two and a half hours for the International Exam and two hours for the Tri-State Exam. The exams cover four performance objective areas:
- Nutrient Management
- Soil & Water Management
- Crop Management
- Pest Management